The Beautiful History

Gestart door Han, sep 03, 2010, 00:39:31

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

Han

Dear Katharine,

I am Han from The Beautiful History at wordpress.com. I live in Egypt.

I quote:' we're looking for a football history expert to chat to us about it'

Thank you for your kind invitation. Please share with me how  I would come in to participate in a 'chat session'. What exactly would you have in mind please?

As far as my knowledge stretches, Cambridge United were elected to the football league in 1970 to replace Bradford (Park Avenue) with Posh entering the league after the 1959/60 season at the expense of Gateshead.

Intriguing scenario. Cambridge United beaten at Wembley by Gateshead, replaced by Peterborough United.

Kind Regards

Han
Strangely Devoted or Mentally Disturbed

Han

Approved comment on Charlton Athletic:

In 1963, I entered the competition to find a new nickname for Charlton Athletic, and sent in my entry (The Valiants). I believe that 25 other fans also sent in the same suggestion. Apparantly, all the names were put in a hat and my name was pulled out first.

I was 16 at the time and a die-hard Charlton fan. I was 'over the moon' with winning two season tickets with both seats in the stands. I lived in Maidstone, and with different friends, would hitch-hike to each and every home game.

The team, in those days, consisted of Rose, Hewie, Kinsey, Bailey, Haylock. Tocknell, Kenning, Edwards, Firmani, Matthews and Glover. I wonder what they are all doing now?

Han

Han

Premier League: What are the top questions asked about your club?

Deze vraag werd twee dagen geleden oorspronkelijk gesteld op
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35422467

en verspreidde zich kennelijk op het web als een virale inktvlek.

Mijn statische blog is https://thebeautifulhistory.wordpress.com

Het leverde tot nu toe 20.000 unieke bezoekers en een meervoud aan 'views' op.

Joost

Het was even zoeken maar het was de vraag waar Hotspur vandaan komt.

Wat was eigenlijk de link tussen je site en die aflevering van Mastermind?

Han

Han

Ik ben te verstaan gegeven om mijn blog aan te passen op gevoeligheden. In de introductie wordt gewag gemaakt van de herkomst van een van de eerdere bijnamen van Wet Bromwich Albion, namelijk de Nigger Minstrels.

Ter ondersteuning en illustratie: https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/aug/06/bbc-receives-18000-complaints-after-repeating-n-word-allegedly-used-in-attack?fbclid=IwAR0sjZCe62pA9Bb-OiYfJY7j-aPW7a2uFG_-jwsJNGNRNLnAc7DCw8i6r3U

Ik schreef, inmiddels ongeveer 20 jaar geleden, 'with a touch of clairvoyance': ...the design of scarlet and blue broad striped jerseys and black knickers with scarlet stripes down the side was too much for the faithful and inspired the name in pre-political correctness days of the Nigger Minstrels....

De rebel in mij fluistert om niet onvoorwaardelijk toe te geven aan de cri de coeur van post-koloniaal terrorisme.

Han