England trip

Gestart door Roelof, apr 02, 2012, 18:58:38

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

Roelof

I need your help.

Before it's time to get married and who knows raise some children, it's time for more groundhopping. Okay, I already saw a couple of stadiums, but it's never enough. That's why I decided: the second half of this year I will travel around the UK to fulfill my dream: a month of only football. And if it's possible, everyday a new ground.

I'm not sure when I'm going, but I think it will be in novembre. Normally I travel with some friends, but I have the wish to travel alone. Meet new people is some of the things I love about travelling and groundhopping. Sure, I can travel trough the UK and sleep in hostels or hotels and watch a game and leave. But what is better then watch a game with the locals? Somebody that loves to show me their ground, their club and their passion.

So, I'm looking for those people. Short something about myself. I'm a sportsjournalist from Holland. I'm a commentator of every game of Eredivisie-team Heerenveen, the old team of players like Van Nistelrooy, Huntelaar and Thomasson. And of Seip (Brentford), Hooiveld (Southampton) and Vayrynen (Leeds). I'm 29, living together with my girlfriend in Leeuwarden, the northern part of Holland. I love groundhopping. Two years ago, my dream came through, where I visited a match of Boca Juniors in Argentina. But I also (sometimes work-related) visited Paok Saloniki, Napoli, Helsingborg, Dortmund, Portsmouth, Newcastle, Dinamo Zagreb and many others. I have a own website, but it's more a digital portfolio for my work and it's in Dutch: http://www.roelofdevries.webs.com.

So. Do you wanna join me to a match? Drink a beer? Show me your city? Or even have a couch to sleep on? (a place to sleep, is not a must offcourse, only cheaper ;))
Please give me a sign then.
You can also email me: roelofdevries@hotmail.com

Greetings,

Roelof de Vries

Read more: http://www.eurofootballweekends.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=337#ixzz1qtzwVAUN

Joost

Ik begrijp eigenlijk het nut van dit topic niet zo. Leg het eens uit.

ALenstra

Ik denk dat topicstarter op het totaal verkeerde forum is.

Hugo

Ik wil hem best een keer meenemen naar Cambuur, geen probleem.

Bob

Citaat van: Hugo op apr 03, 2012, 07:42:51
Ik wil hem best een keer meenemen naar Cambuur, geen probleem.

Haha, dan neem ik hem mee naar Sportpark Schoonenberg.

Roelof

Heren, heren,

Ik zal het nog even uitleggen. In het Nederlands. Ik ben dus van plan rond november naar England te gaan en een maand lang te groundhoppen. Dus, ik zoek mensen die met me mee willen, hun cluppie willen laten, of hun stad, een biertje willem drinken, wat willen vertellen over hun club etc.

Ik heb op een aantal fora deze reactie geplaatst. Om te kijken of er locals zijn die me willen helpen. Dus ken je mensen die in Engeland wonen en me op sleeptouw willen nemen, ik hoor het graag.

Sportpark Schoonenberg en het Cambuurstadion heb ik al gehad ;)