Wolverhampton v Stoke, 15:00

Saturday, 14 August 2010 Scottish Premier League
Aberdeen v Hamilton, 15:00
Hearts v St Johnstone, 15:00
Inverness CT v Celtic, 15:00
Motherwell v Hibernian, 15:00
Rangers v Kilmarnock, 15:00
St Mirren v Dundee Utd, 15:00

De Conference fixtures worden pas begin juli bekend gemaakt.

TeeZee

En de loting voor de League Cup was gisteren al. Ik vind het best een heel aardige loting. In het vet mijn favorieten:

Carling Cup first round draw:

Hartlepool United v Sheffield United
Leicester City v Macclesfield Town
Walsall v Tranmere Rovers
Carlisle United v Huddersfield Town
Stockport County v Preston North End
Barnsley v Rochdale
Morecambe v Coventry City
Doncaster Rovers v Accrington Stanley
Chesterfield v Middlesbrough (ligt gevoelig wegens de halvefinale FA Cup van 1997)
Peterborough United v Rotherham United
Bradford City v Nottingham Forest
Leeds United v Lincoln City
Sheffield Wednesday v Bury
Scunthorpe United v Oldham Athletic
Crewe Alexandra v Derby County
Exeter City v Ipswich Town
Southend United v Bristol City
Southampton v Bournemouth   (zou weleens aardig vol kunnen zitten naar League Cup begrippen)
Brentford v Cheltenham Town
Queens Park Rangers v Port Vale
Torquay United v Reading
Norwich City v Gillingham
Stevenage v Portsmouth (debuut van Stevenage in de League Cup)
Shrewsbury Town v Charlton Athletic
Cardiff City v Burton Albion
Northampton Town v Brighton & Hove Albion
Swansea City v Barnet
Plymouth Argyle v Notts County
Wycombe Wanderers v Millwall
Oxford United v Bristol Rovers
Milton Keynes Dons v Dagenham & Redbridge
Hereford United v Colchester United
Yeovil Town v Crystal Palace
Aldershot Town v Watford
Swindon Town v Leyton Orient

Ties to be played week commencing 9 August

Peenvogel

De eerste wedstrijd dit seizoen op Engelse bodem voor mij wordt Southend United-Torquay United.

Han

Een vreemde gewaarwording om Blackpool op te zien duiken in de Premier League tegen Wigan Athletic. Beide clubs troffen elkaar in league-verband voorheen slechts op het derde en vierde niveau.
Strangely Devoted or Mentally Disturbed

Gert

Een vraag over de (bijna) andere kant van het spectrum: Weet jij wanneer Rochdale en Sheffield Wednesday elkaar voor het laatst in competitieverband ontmoet hebben?

Han

Citaat van: Gert op aug 02, 2010, 23:02:09
Een vraag over de (bijna) andere kant van het spectrum: Weet jij wanneer Rochdale en Sheffield Wednesday elkaar voor het laatst in competitieverband ontmoet hebben?
Nooit in de domestic leagues; wél in de League Cup in 2009/10 en 2002/03.

Strangely Devoted or Mentally Disturbed

Hielke

Leuk artikel in de Engelse media:

CiteerA DERBY County fan has smashed his own 'unofficial world record' for visiting every Premier League ground in the shortest time possible.

Paul Cox and Luis Felipe at Newcastle UnitedPaul Cox, known as 'Chops' to his friends, completed the mammoth journey to all 20 top flight teams with friend and Real Madrid season ticket holder Luis Felipe in 14hrs 3min 18secs — shaving a massive 46 minutes off his previous attempt.

The pair, who are both teachers, undertook the challenge in a Vauxhall Corsa and began the trek at 9.35 pm on August 8 at White Hart Lane, the home ground of Tottenham Hotspur and concluded their journey by arriving at the steps of St James' Park, home of the newly promoted Championship winners Newcastle United at 11.38am the next day.

The pair only made two stops during the 572-mile journey — one for petrol and one for coffee and a break.

In traditional international football style, they even exchanged shirts — with Paul donning the redtop of new World Cup winners Spain, while Luis donned the white shirt and Three Lions of England.

Paul, who lives in Shobnall and teaches at Paulet High School, said: "I decided to undertake the challenge again as after Portsmouth were relegated at the end of last season, I was sure that I could smash my previous record.

"I roped my friend Luis in for the trip and to our surprise, we completed the task wiping a huge amount of time off my previous attempt.

"Due to the task we stopped at every stadium for only a few minutes, had a picture taken and zoomed off to the next ground. We used a sat nav to get to each place and everyone was very welcoming.

"I got to show Luis the delights of a sunrise in Wigan and we celebrated the end of our journey with a pint in Shearer's Bar with two Geordie men — Luis could not understand a word they were saying."

Luis, who is an English teacher in Madrid, said: "When Paul first told me about this, I thought he was mad, and now I have done it I think I am mad.

"It is like when you have completed a marathon — you say you will never do it again, but I am sure when next season comes around, we will both want another go."

Paul added: "It is disappointing that we can't get it recognised as an official Guinness World Record, but I now challenge anyone to try to beat our time."

hgrm

Hoe is dat in vredesnaam mogelijk met alle wegwerkzaamheden.
Wij hebben vorige week ongeveer even veel tijd nodig gehad om van Exeter naar Leyton te komen....
Laatste nieuwe stadion (516): De Groote Wielen - Rosmalen

Peenvogel

Two teachers? Wat is dat toch met al die leraren? Een aangeboren dwang tot verzamelen?

Stadionhopper

Citaat van: hgrm op aug 17, 2010, 12:15:27
Hoe is dat in vredesnaam mogelijk met alle wegwerkzaamheden.
Wij hebben vorige week ongeveer even veel tijd nodig gehad om van Exeter naar Leyton te komen....

De clubs liggen wel redelijk gecentreerd dit seizoen, concentratie in Londen, concentratie in/om Birmingham, concentratie rondom Liverpool/Manchester en met Sunderland en Newcastle als laatste heb je er ook 2 die bij elkaar liggen, het waren maar 572 mijl.
Laatste nieuwe ground: Sportpark De Heikant, Groesbeek

www.facebook.com/stadionhopper
twitter.com/stadionhopper

Verwijderd lid

Weet iemand wanneer de The Coca Cola Championship Play-Off Final gespeeld wordt aan het eind van dit seizoen en waar ? Ik hoop Wembley.

De Blue Square Premier Conference Play-Off Final wordt gespeeld in het stadion van Manchester City op 21 mei 2011

Joost

Championshi play-off finale wordt 100% zeker op Wembley gespeeld. Wanneer kan ik ook niet vinden...

Hielke

Portsmouth blijft bestaan! Mooi nieuws, ik heb zoals jullie inmiddels wel weten een zwak voor die club.

CiteerPompey's Future Secured

One of the most extraordinary sagas in English football finally reached a conclusion on Sunday—and this one had nothing to do with Wayne Rooney.

Portsmouth FC, the troubled second-tier Championship club, has come out of administration—a form of bankruptcy protection—after the team was sold to a company controlled by its former owner Balram Chainrai.

The 112-year-old club, which went bankrupt last season when it was in the Premier League and was forced to sell a number of its high-profile players, reached an agreement to secure its immediate future just two days after announcing that it was likely to be "closed down and liquidated" when a deal to sell the club to Mr. Chainrai collapsed.

On Friday, Portsmouth released a statement saying that it was close to folding because it was unable to reach an agreement with key creditor Alexandre Gaydamak, the Russian businessman who owned the team for three years until 2009, over the £11 million ($17.2 million) he is owed by the club.

But the club's administrators UHY Hacker Young LLP said Sunday that the team had exited administration and would continue to function a day after resolving a claim of £2.2 million with Mr. Gaydamak in a deal that would ensure Portsmouth didn't go out of business.

"The administrators of Portsmouth City Football Club Ltd. are pleased to announce that negotiations between the various parties concerning the sale of the club have now been satisfactorily concluded," said a club statement.

"The administrators would like to thank Mr. Gaydamak for his co-operation and assistance in securing the future of the club and acknowledges that he has played an integral part in delivering its survival."

The chaotic climax to Portsmouth's exit from administration was a suitably eventful ending to an eight-month spell that has included a points deduction, relegation from the Premier League, an FA Cup final appearance and several trips to the U.K. High Court over unpaid tax.

Portsmouth's future has been under threat since it entered administration in February with debts of around £107 million. The meltdown represented a startling collapse for a team that less than two years earlier had won the FA Cup, the showpiece knockout tournament of the English football season.

The club's triumph at Wembley Stadium in May 2008 swiftly gave way to turmoil, however, when Portsmouth overextended itself by recruiting star players such as Peter Crouch and Jermain Defoe, and was unable to cover its losses.

"Who would have thought that playing in the Premier League, winning the FA Cup, and playing in Europe would bring such disaster?" said David James, a member of Portsmouth's FA Cup-winning lineup, earlier this year. "The heavy bonus culture, endemic in our game, became the curse as the earnings of the Cup run did not tally up with the bonuses paid out."

In the past 14 months, the club has accumulated four separate owners, players' wages have gone unpaid and the team's roster has been pared back so drastically that on the eve of the new season, it extended to just 15 names.

That sequence of events briefly looked set to end in the club's extinction on Friday when Portsmouth accused Mr. Gaydamak of jeopardizing the team's future with a sudden demand for "a very significant upfront cash payment" that threatened to scupper a deal to bring it out of administration.

Portsmouth and Mr. Gaydamak subsequently reached an agreement on Saturday that will pay him £2.2 million in installments over the next five years, although he expressed frustration with the club for suggesting its survival was in the balance.

"The news this week surrounding football and this club shows that the current preoccupation with money and finance isn't helping the game and its reputation," Mr. Gaydamak said in a statement.

"I fully intended to sign the deal on Friday and had it not been changed at the last minute I would have. Everyone understood on Friday that further negotiations were now required. I hope this draws to an end this unfortunate uncertainty surrounding the club. I wish everyone involved in the club well for the future."

The outcome was a second piece of good news in 24 hours for followers of the club: Portsmouth beat Hull City 2-1 on Saturday to climb to 13th in the Championship standings.

"It is a huge relief to come out of administration because the future of the club has been in jeopardy for a long time," said David Lampitt, the Portsmouth chief executive.

"It is a significant moment for everyone involved in the club, and we are now in a position where we can move forward on a more stable financial footing."

The Wall Street Journal

Peenvogel

Voor de mensen met Eredivisie live. Vanmiddag Barnet-Charlton live op tv.

TeeZee

De tweede ronde van de FA Cup is een interessante:

AFC Wimbledon or Ebbsfleet v Stevenage or MK Dons

Ofwel, winnen AFC Wimbledon en MK Dons hun play offs dan treffen beide clubs elkaar voor het eerst. Geen idee of er kaartjes voor te krijgen zijn in dat geval, maar ik overweeg een dagtrip.